Saturday, October 22, 2011

Give Thanks

Psalm 100

A psalm. For giving grateful praise.

"Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
  Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
  Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations."


  Today when i was visiting Grants grave Tom sang the song "Give Thanks" which is the song he sang to Grant when he first held him in his arms and also the song he sang at his memorial service.  After Tom had finished singing i had my bible out and asked Tom if he could choose a psalm and to read it aloud.  I believe that there is something so special that happens when speaking the word of the Lord out loud, proclaiming it with your voice.  So Tom opened my bible and read the first Psalm that he saw. It was Psalm 100.  It is about being grateful and praising the name of the Lord, i thought it was so neat that Tom had just sang about giving thanks to the Lord and then the first scripture that came to him was Psalm 100.
  As i listened to the words i thought.  Yes Lord, i am so thankful, in the midst of the pain and sorrow i am still full of thanks.  You may wonder why do you feel thankful in your moments of deepest pain and grief.  I answer that question with this.  I am so thankful to the Lord that he gave Grant to Tom and I.  Even though we had him for such a short time, I am so incredibly thankful that the Lord gave him to us.  I cant imagine a life that did not have Grant in it even though it was too brief of a time, i would not trade that time in for anything. Even though his death brought me to the deepest point of sorrow, his life has given me the greatest amount of joy.  I never knew that i could love a person as much as i love my son.  Even in death my love still grows stronger for my little boy. 
 So with a heavy heart i also come with a very thankful one.  So thankful that the Lord chose me to carry Grant Thomas for 8 months.  That he chose me to be his Mommy.  I look forward to the day i am reunited with my son to hold him in my arms once again.  Thank you Lord for giving me the desire of my heart, even though i did not get to keep him on this side of heaven, i say thank you for letting me be Grants mom.  The Lord gives and takes away, but my heart will CHOOSE to say "Blessed be the name of the Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment